13 March 2010

Yet *Another* Reason to Boycot WalMart



As if anyone needed any more reasons to boycott the bastards, now there's this:



 Despite medical marijuana being legal in Michigan, WalMart has fired a cancer patient and former employee of the year who tested positive for the drug, which was recommended by his doctor.... 
 At his doctor's recommendation, Casias legally uses medical marijuana to ease his pain.
"It helps tremendously," Casias said. "I only use it to stop the pain. To make me feel more comfortable and active as a person."
Casias said he went to work every day during his five years at WalMart. "I gave them everything," he said. "One hundred and ten percent every day. Anything they asked me to do, I did. More than they asked me to do. Twelve to 14 hours a day."
 Then Casias sprained his knee at work last November. During the routine drug screening that follows all workplace injuries, marijuana was detected in his system.
 Casias showed WalMart managers his Michigan medical marijuana card, but was fired anyway.

AFAIC, the only good reason to set foot in a CrapMart would be to do some mischief.

No comments:

Post a Comment